Hello!

Hey there :)

I am Bibi Goul Mossavi, 19 and a student, volunteer and part time worker.
I have been a volunteer for the past 4/5 years with an NGO; Australian Afghan Hassanian Youth Association (AAHYA) and through this organisation I have learnt that we are not becoming a homogenised global society- simply because organisations like AAHYA are working towards the preservation of local cultures.

At first I was a student at the Afghan school, run by AAHYA and because I understood from a very young age, how beneficial these organisations are; I started volunteering.

At AAHYA we run an afghan school for young people, organise activities and events (such as camping and karate classes) to help young Afghans value and maintain the Afghan culture.

Now AAHYA is just an example of the great work being done to help maintain native cultures, there are so many other organisations like AAHYA and I meet these organisations on a weekly bases to further improve our service to the community in maintaining native cultures :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment